Thank you for being part of Rangers, for your support in the year just past and wishing you are happy and safe new year with lots more netball fun!
It is one of the Rangers Committee’s 21st Birthday. She has certainly been with the club for a long time.
Happy Birthday Emily – hope you had a great day!
Queensland with our Rangers girls, Milja and Bec, were runners up at the state championships in Perth last month. Well done Queensland!
Rebekah was named player of the series and selected in the Australian team to compete next year. She showed her skill in the defence end which is pretty impressive for our star GS. Fantastic effort Bec!
Sheryl Scanlan, Rangers new Head Coach, has a program for girls 6-9 years. There are three dates to chose from: 15, 16 and 17 December 2014. Go to her website to register – this is a brilliant opportunity to learn from an international player. Sheryl Scanlan Netball Academy
Thank you to all those who attended our AGM and especially to those who accepted a position. We have some exciting new initiatives for 2015 and opportunities for our members.
We still have one very important position to fill on our management committee ie the Coaching Convenor. If anyone would be interested please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be lots of help provided by experienced coaches.
We would like to thank all the out-going committee members for their help over the last year.
The 2015 Management Committee is:
- President: Chery Turner
- Treasurer: Michelle Roberts
- Secretary: Sharon Serow
- Coaching Convenor: VACANT
- Umpiring Convenor: Emily Turner
- Uniform Convenor: Pam Mansfield
Friendly reminder that Rangers AGM is tomorrow night:
We would love to see as many of our members attend as possible. By attending you do not have to commit to a committee position but we would love to hear your views on how our club is run.
Date: 3 December 2014
Venue: WDNA Clubhouse, Faulkner Park, Graceville
Look forward to seeing you there!
Congratulations to Milja Spasojevic and Bec Rounds who were selected in the Queensland U/14s Indoor Netball Team, to compete at the National Championships. Good luck girls as you head off to Perth this weekend! GO QUEENSLAND!
WDNA Rep Trials – Good luck to those girls who are trialling for Rep teams this weekend. Here are some tips to help do your best:
- From Nat Medhurst – “Keep it simple, smile and enjoy it!” Full interview attached Nat-Medhurst-
- Work hard during warm-up, game time and cool down – Show you enjoy the game which is what Rangers girls do best!
- Make sure you attack and defend no matter your position – be prepared to do both at all times.
- Don’t react negatively to errors made – just work hard to make up for it and help the team get the ball back into your possession.
- Understand what the positions you are trialling for is responsible for on court, and do your best to show this to the selectors
New Netta Rules – Just to clarify our post with regards to 7 year olds playing in 2015. If a players turns 7 anytime in 2015 they participate in Net Set Go, if a players turns 8 anytime in 2015 they can play in the Netta Competition.
At tonights WDNA AGM our own Susan Bamford received the honour of Western Districts Netball Association Life Member. This is acknowledgement of the 40 years of service at the Association. Congratulations Susan, a long overdue recognition.
Also, Susan nominated and was voted in as Junior Vice-President representing Rangers on the WDNA Board.
* WDNA Scholarship Program: Western Districts is pleased to announce that the nominations for the 2015 Scholarship Program is now open. Application close 31 December. You can access the Online Form and the Scholarship Policy on the WDNA Website under “About WDNA”.
WDNA Scholarship Policy
* 7 Years not to play NETTA Competition in 2015: With respect to the NETTA program, we have been advised by NQ that the only program we can offer 5 – 7 year olds in 2015 is Net Set Go. Players turning 7 in 2015 will NOT be able to play in the Netta Competition. WDNA will look at splitting the Net Set Go program to offer more advanced skills for the 7 year olds and will provide more details on this as they come to hand. In the meantime, clubs should not accept registrations from girls turning 7 in 2015.
Did you loose any items on Saturday this season? Please see WDNA note:
“Lost property from the season is currently being displayed in front of the WDNA main meeting room until after the AGM this Wednesday. Following the AGM, all lost property will be taken to Vinneys for donation.”