Registering News: Netball Qld has adopted an on-line process which everyone must use if they wish to register to play. Rangers Committee is working hard to get this up and running for its members but in the meantime here are a few dates for the diary:
- 23 January 2017 – First Night Season Fixture
- 25 January 2017 – Get Started Applications Open
- 29 January 2017 – Sign On @ WDNA – 10am-12pm
- On-line registering assistance and uniform fitting
- 1 February – First Training for Competitive teams TBC
- 12 February – Rangers Trials (details TBC)
- 19 February – Rangers Trails (details TBC)
- 18 March 2017 – First Day Season Fixture
With the season just around the corner we are very excited to announce our 2017 Committee:
- President: Chery Turner
- Treasurer: Michelle Roberts
- Secretary: Richard Luke
- Umpiring Convenor: Emily Turner
- Coaching Convenor: VACANT
- Uniform Convenor: Toni Vowles
- Registrar: Ainsley Smith
The committee have been working hard to get started and further details will follow shortly.
We would also like to take this belated opportunity to thank Linda Jenkins for her dedicated service to the Club over the last couple of years as Coaching Convenor not to mention her many years as a coach. Linda has decided to step down from her role this year so therefore we NEED A COACHING CONVENOR!
We have attached the Task sheet for this role coach-coordinator-task-sheet1 so if you would like to work with a fun committee for a fantastic club to ensure our fabulous players have coaches then VOLUNTEER TODAY by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (on the job training provided)
Wishing all the Rangers Family a Merry Christmas
And a new year filled with lots of netball fun!
Huge thank you to all those members who donated their old uniforms to the club. Thank you to Mick and Pam Mansfield for organising the collection and transfer of the uniforms – great job guys! The 1308 Nosegay District School in Fiji have given them a new lease of life – see letter below:
RE : NETBALL UNIFORM ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I hereby write on behalf of the teachers, students and the four communities of Nasegai District School situated in Kadavu Island in Fiji, wishing to convey our sincere gratitude and appreciation of your kind generosity in donating netball uniforms to our school. We are so overwhelmed and fortunate to have received this wonderful gift from you, as it ranges from the smallest size to the adult sizes. The children especially were so excited when they were told to try the uniform and the boys even tried to grab some to try on.
The school had no school sports uniform to wear during school tournaments but the uniform arrived just in time for our district netball and rugby tournament .Parents wondered and asked where the unifoms came from when they saw the children lining up with their new attire. It was the first time the school came in uniformity during the official opening at this tournament. The children wore them with pride. The teachers and parents were proud as well. In addition to this, the adult sizes were being used by our young mothers from the four villages on social club games every Saturday. However all uniforms remained as school property.
Once again thank you and “vinaka vakalevu” for your support.
Attached are some photos taken during the games.
Assistant Head Teacher
Laura Geitz and Clare McMeniman have opened registrations for their Chemist Warehouse Fuel2Fly Brisbane Summer Clinic to be held on Saturday 11th February, 1pm-4.30pm at Brisbane State High School, South Brisbane.
The Junior Phase 1 WDNA Representative Trials is as follows:
- Date: Sunday 13/11/2016
- Venue: State Netball Centre, 90 Klump Road, Mt Gravatt.
7.30am – 9.00am
Players born 2002
9.00am – 11.30am
Players born 2005
11.30am – 2.00pm
Players born 2004
2.00pm – 4.30pm
Players born 2003
*When attending the November trials activity please wear a white shirt and black bottom
- Other important dates for future planning:
- Squad Camp for Phase 1 squad members: mid January 2017
- Final trial dates for Phase 1 squad members: mid February 2017
The venue advised that no external catering is allowed inside the premises. There will be a fully operational canteen available all day to all attendees.
- Trial Dates for WDNA 2017 Representative Teams have been set.
- Please Click Here for the information and to register.
- Closing Date – 6th November, 2016
- The Annual General Meeting of Western Districts Netball Association Inc will be held on Wednesday 23rd November, 2016 from 7pm at the Clubhouse, Faulkner Park, Graceville.
- Nominations for positions due 9 November 2016
- Check the WDNA Website for further details: http://www.westerndistricts.qld.netball.com.au/
Friendly reminder regarding the Rangers Netball Club AGM tomorrow night. We look forward to seeing as many members as possible as we are unable to continue without a quorum. Come along and have your say!
- Date: 19 October 2016
- Time: 7 pm
- Venue: WDNA Club House