2019 UMPIRING DATES
All courses are held at the WDNA Club House.
Wednesday 20 March 6.30-8.30pm – Adults Only Basic Introduction to Umpiring Course. Open to adults interested in learning how to umpire in 2019. RSVP – 18 March
Saturday 30 March – 8.00am-8.30am – NetSet Rule Session
Saturday 30 March – 9.00am-9.30am & 3.15pm-3.45pm – Learn to Score
Saturday 27 April 8.00am-10.00am – Basic Introduction to Umpiring Course. Open to anyone interested in learning how to umpire in 2019. RSVP 26 April.
Saturday 25 May – Umpire Appreciation Day
Sunday 28 July 9.00am-12.00noon – Umpire Technique Workshop. Suitable for all umpires from Beginner to National Badge who want to develop their umpiring techniques.
Umpires are an integral part of any game. They are there to apply the rules to ensure a fair playing environment for both teams. Please treat all umpires with the respect they deserve (see our Codes of Behaviour under Policy and Procedures).
To assist umpires our Umpiring Coordinator conducts in-house training sessions throughout the season to assist players to feel confident with umpiring. Umpiring Coaches and the Umpiring Coordinator will also assist with providing support for those learning to umpire or not yet confident to umpire alone. Please ensure to let the coordinator know if you require assistance.
- Commencing in 2013 each Club must provide competent umpires for their own games. The level of qualification depends on the grade of the game. WDNA Umpiring Policy Guidelines
- All umpires will be required to complete an on-line theory exam and have as a minimum completed the ‘Basic Umpires’ Course.
- For all competitive rounds, umpires must umpire in a white shirt and white/black skirt/shorts with appropriate footwear.
- In non competitive divisions un-badged umpire must wear appropriate clothing and footwear – no thongs or inappropriate clothing.
The process on game day is:
- Report to the administration area and mark off the Rangers team that you are umpiring (not the team number that you play in) at least 15 minutes before the game.
- Be on the court at least 5 minutes before the match ready to check players nails, for jewellery and toss for centre pass.
rANGERS UMPIRING POLICY
Please see the Umpiring Policy for further information.
OFFICIAL RULES OF NETBALL
The 2016 Official Rules of Netball can now be found on-line … Netball Rules
Netball Australia Netta Rules
WDNA has their own guidelines for 7-10 years players. NSG Guidelines
To complete your Umpiring Online Exam click the link for the Netball Australia e-Learning Portal below. If you have not used this site before click on ‘Register’ (it is in small text beside the large Login) and follow the prompts. An email will be sent to your email address which will help you set your password. This will then allow you to enter the site, click on ‘Browse Learning’ and choose Section 1 Umpire Exam. The cost of the exam is $10.48 – contact the club to see if you are eligible for a refund. Good luck!
You can purchase an Umpire Rule Book ($15) and whistle ($10) from the Umpiring Convenor.
Attached are the notes from our basic umpiring course.